On 30th January, 2018 the Permaculture Research Institute of Kenya held an Open Talk facilitated by Warren Brush @ Connect Coffee Roasters , Nairobi.
What is permaculture? One would ask. It is the development of agricultural ecosystems intended to be sustainable and self-sufficient. A science of design that can be integrated into International Development and Humanitarian programming to increase the levels of resilience of people and place.
In his talk, Warren (A global resilience design consultant, educator, lecturer and storyteller) shared his experience in resilience enhancing projects utilizing Permaculture from around the globe. Areas of interest include:
- Hydrological and nutrient cycle stabilization.
- Soil regeneration, creating systems that work with real-time sunlight.
- Climate stability through thermal mass enhancement.
- Fast carbon pathways and biodiversity enhancement.
- Regenerating honorable relationships between people and landscapes for the most beneficial relationships.
“Every political, social and economic problem is a reflection of ecological problems.”.It is important to take care of what we have”- Warren Brush
From the insightful discussions, Connect Coffee was able to benefit on environmental friendly farm practices that will be shared with our partner coffee farmers in the seed to cup project.
#connectcoffeeroasters #permacultureglobal #connectwithfarmers #connectwithpeople #permacultureresearchinstitute #connectevent #sustainableecosystems
Host your events :
Phone: (+254) (0)708- 790 – 480
Connect Coffee, Ground floor Riverfront building, Riverside drive road, Nairobi