New space, new vibe. Connect Coffee, in partnership with Bahati Nairobi, celebrated the 6th edition of the eye-catching session. The interactive class was hosted by workable café at Sanlam towers. The session kicked off with the basics of flower care and how to build and aesthetic floral arrangement.
A few pointers picked up included; What should you look for when shopping for flowers?
- Foremost, lookout for a variety of textures.
- Find variety in the shape of the bloom.
- Look for a variety of colors.
To achieve a balance of simplicity and visual impact of your bouquet, choose a paired down color palette with a wider variety of flowers.
If you’re going to immerse your flowers in water, here are a few do-it-your on (DIY) tips to make fresh flowers last longer.
- Vinegar and sugar mixture: The vinegar will reduce bacteria and sugar will act as food.
- Aspirin: to increase the acidity of the water and kill off bacteria
- Convectional flower food:
- Use of plain (filtered) water
Add some life and warmth to drab and dull rooms by blooming your home with beautiful flowers. Sign up for the next session:
Date: 2nd September.
Time: 10:00am – 11:30am.
Registration fee: Ksh 3,000
Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.
Share some of your home flower arrangement tips and trips below.