On 10th June 2019, Connect Coffee played host to the 3rd edition of the advanced Bahati flower arrangement session. During the informative session, professional classroom instructors worked beside attendees. They tackled natural style arrangement, using fresh herbs.
Attendees got the opportunity to show their creativity and work with an amazing selection unique flowers as well as natural herbs. Broadly, there are three styles of arrangements in the world of floral arrangements, which include:
- Oriental Flower Arrangements: The emphasis is on the lines in the floral arrangement.
- Traditional: The emphasis is on the use of many flowers as a mass in the floral arrangement.
- Modern Flower Arrangements: There are no rules at all. These floral arrangements are based on the taste of the floral designer but it’s more close to Oriental than Traditional style of arranging flowers, in its inclination towards importance to lines.
The art of floral arrangement encompasses many principles which are:
- Design: It entails the pattern of the floral arrangement. It is a visualized plan in terms of size and shape of the floral arrangement. The design is essentially determined by the location and occasion.
- Balance: It emphasizes on the use of materials in a floral arrangement which gives stability to the arrangement.
- Scale: It deals with the proportions of different materials for the floral arrangement.
- Focal Point: The central portion, where the flowers and foliage of the arrangement appear to be emerging from is known as the focal point of the arrangement. larger and dark colored flowers are usually used in the focal point of the floral arrangement.
- Harmonization: This entails the appropriate use of flowers for the occasion, the blending of colors of the flowers used in the floral arrangement as well as that of the container such that they contrast each other.
“Flowers are the music of the ground. From earth’s lips spoken without sound.” – Edwin Curran
Don’t miss out on this wonders of the world. Stay tuned for the next class.